Weather in Antalya in March
Should I go to Antalya in March? What is the weather like in Antalya at the beginning, end and middle of March? How do I dress and is it safe to swim? What time does it get dark? Where to go, what to see and do in March 2022? Air and sea temperatures, rainfall, daylight hours, 2020 and 2021 weather archive, forecast for 2022 as well as weather reviews and tips on what to wear and where to go from tourists and locals.
Antalya weather forecast by observations and reviews
Weather in Antalya in early March
The air temperature at the beginning of the month stays at 12 degrees, it reaches 17 degrees during the day and can drop to 8 at night. The water temperature is 17 degrees.
Weather in Antalya in the second half of March
At the end of March, the temperature is 12 degrees, it reaches 17 degrees during the day, and at night it drops to 8 degrees. The water temperature stays around 17 degrees.
Is it cold in Antalya in March?
The daytime temperature in Antalya in March is usually around 17 degrees but can reach 27 degrees (maximum recorded temperature) and drop to -1 degree at night (minimum recorded temperature). Everyone perceives the temperature differently, but taking a warm jacket with you is the right thing to do.
Can I swim in Antalya in March?
The sea temperature in Antalya in March, usually stays at 17 degrees. At the beginning of March, the water temperature is around 17 degrees.
In March, the water is not yet warm enough, but in the second half of the month it will be comfortable enough to swim. However, it all depends on the weather: from 16 to 19 degrees.
Rain in Antalya in March
On average, 98 mm of precipitation falls in Antalya during March.
Holidays in Antalya in March with children
In March in Antalya with a child is better to go only if you are focused on the excursion program, as for a beach holiday the weather is not too suitable.
What to do and see?
March in Antalya is not the best time for walks in nature. You can visit museums, theaters and cultural sites. Also do not forget that the cold season is a season of sales and a great time for shopping. Current information about the best
Antalya in March – photos of holidaymakers
We chose Antalya in March because we wanted to get for a week in an all-inclusive paradise and do absolutely nothing. At the same time the prices for tours in this period are very, very nice – half the price of summer.
The first day met unexpectedly – a terrible downpour and wind. It was cold – by sensation of 10-12C.
The next morning we were glad to have nice sunshine, air was a little bit warmer.
And what a pleasure it was to have breakfast on the terrace with a view to the pool and the palm trees.
The remaining 5 days, the weather has improved every day. I would not dare to swim because of the cold water, but to lie on a beach when the day temperature was +20-25C was no problem.
In addition, this weather – neither cold nor hot – is conducive to long walks around the city and the surrounding area:
In March 2018, I vacationed in Antalya. It is a major port city in Turkey on the Mediterranean coast.
Is it warm in Antalya in March
In Antalya in early spring there is no summer heat, but it is comfortable to rest. The air temperature during the day +16. +18 degrees, at night it is +10. +12. It rained heavily for three days, and I swam in the indoor pool of the hotel. The temperature was +17 degrees in the Mediterranean Sea, but I did not swim in it. The hotel pool was enough for me.
Turkish fruits in March
In early spring, some fruits and berries are already ripe here, although the peak season is in the April-May period. I have been buying fresh strawberries, but their main spring harvest is in April. Also sold in the markets are:
- medlar (Japanese plum or loquat);
- black mulberries;
- kiwis (depending on the season, sold mostly in winter);
- bananas (grown in Turkey, but for some reason expensive);
- herbs (dill, parsley, mustard grass, lettuce, etc.)
- the freshest basil (it appears in the bazaar in the last days of February).
Lemons are already hanging on the trees. I picked one during the tour. It was unripe and overly sour, but it smelled very fragrant. The tourists were not allowed near the orange trees, but I was amazed that they had both flowers and fruit on them at the same time.
There were not many tourists, drunkenness and carousing in the hotel was not even on International Women’s Day, so I rested very intelligently.
We flew to Antalya for four days, just to celebrate March 8. There were no illusions about the hot days, but the weather was a little disappointing. During the day it was only +17C, and we expected at least 20-22C. Our friends sunbathed in Kemer a few years ago on New Year, and here in March it was so cold… The good thing is that we chose a hotel with an indoor warm pool, and even next to the hammam – at least we bathed there.
At night it was very cold, about 10C, for evening walks we had to wrap up well. But we breathed fresh sea air, dispelled from a slushy winter and ate fresh fruit – pears, apples, bananas and oranges. We can consider that holiday was successful!)
Antalya is beautiful at any time of year! And the fact that in Antalya on the calendar is considered by the beginning of spring in central Russia can be compared with the beginning of summer. We holidayed in Antalya in March and had only the best impressions. When in Russia the snow was only slowly melting, my friends and I were already sunbathing on the beach to our utmost!
Weather in Antalya in March
The average temperature in March is 14-18 degrees in the shade. In the sun the air can get up to 20-24 degrees. In the sea to bathe is still cool, the water temperature is only 17 degrees, but some individuals swim. Basically it is hardened German tourists. But if there is no wind and sunny, it is very comfortable to sunbathe. Winds and rain in March are not as strong as in winter. On average, for a month there are 3-4 very windy days when the wind speed reaches 6-10 m / s. Also with rainy and cloudy days, the total maximum is 7 days and not consecutive. Average humidity is 60-70%.
You can wear a T-shirt and shorts during the day and even lie on the beach. But after sunset you’ll need a blouse or light jacket and jeans, as the evening gets cold quickly.
Vegetables and Fruits in March in Antalya
March is the first month after winter, so you can still safely catch the delicious Turkish tangerines and pomegranates, traditionally winter fruits. Strawberries are still greenhouse, starting to be sold in February…They taste inferior to the sweet summer strawberries. Oranges, lemons, apples, bananas, kiwi, grapes are all sold year round. In March there are no cherries, peaches and apricots, figs, plums if only imported. There are no mulberries and medlars yet – they will appear in April. Vegetables and greens are always there too: tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplants, carrots, peppers, beans and so on.
Features of Nature
March is a time of flowers and scents on the streets of Antalya. Cherry, plum, peach and apricot trees are in bloom. “Everything is in bloom!” – This is about the Antalya spring. Orange and lemon trees are not so pretty, little blossoms are hidden in the dense green foliage – but what a magical smell of these flowers! Trees that had shed their leaves for the winter are turning green again.
The tourist saturation
The sun is not as warm as it used to be. Many hotels are closed and are just getting ready for the start of the summer season. Therefore, there are not many tourists, people come only to those hotels that are open all year round.
The composition of tourists – mostly elderly people from Europe, traditionally there are a lot of Germans and Englishmen. There are groups of Japanese, Koreans and Scandinavians. Russians very little – for those who do not like rest with compatriots, it is certainly a plus.
Rest in March
In March, not a lot of tourists on the streets and in the stores. This is not the height of the season and not even its beginning and we can say the resort is just waking up after a “winter hibernation”. You can safely and freely wander through the historical part of Antalya. For example, the old town (this area Kaleici) – and do not get tired of the noise of the crowd, the heat and the scorching sun. March is great for sightseeing and walks, for outdoor activities. Lovers of bathing and sunbathing is advised to come to Antalya, starting in May. Yes, you can sunbathe in March, but it is unlikely you like to swim in the cool sea. In March stores start selling discounted winter collections – so don’t miss a good time for shopping!
If you don’t like the heat and don’t like swimming in the sea, then a trip to Antalya in March will do you good. For those who like to swim – many good hotels have indoor heated pools.
Holidays in Turkey in March 2022 – weather, reviews, prices.
My name is Nastya. And I love Turkey, especially the sightseeing part of it.
I walked around Ephesus, walked by the Bodrum mills of the 18th century, took pictures in the streets of tiled Antalya and snow-white Gumbet, in the bays of Faselis, on Cirali beach and Kemer beach, climbed the fire-breathing Yanartas mountain. And it seems to me (no, I’m sure) that Turkey in March – since you can’t swim – should be active. What do you think?
Turkey is open for travel. But do not forget about the rules of entry:
- Tourist 12 years and older must present either a certificate of vaccination, or psr test done no earlier than 72 hours before departure.
Choose tours to Turkey on Travelata – in March you can fly to vacation for 30-40 thousand for two.
Weather in Turkey in March – where is it warmer?
Climate and weather in Turkey in March do not promise a beach holiday, but the month is suitable for walks in historical places. Bonus: you will get your portion of vitamin D for sure. Do not believe it?
A sandy beach in the city of Side – every day here we strolled along a long promenade
Water and air temperature in Turkey
The air temperature in Turkey in March varies, depending on the chosen resort and its location.
- As always, it is warmer on the Mediterranean coast (on average +16°C … +18°C): in Alanya, Antalya, Side.
- It is a little bit cooler at the Aegean Sea (here it is from +14°C to +18°C): Marmaris, Bodrum.
Turkey in early March is still unpredictable with cold nights and winds in February. But Turkey at the end of March, somewhere from the 20th, is already warmer. The temperature reaches +20°C during the day, precipitation is less and sunny days are more frequent. As on nice days at the end of May in Russia:)
Can you swim in March? Alas, not in the sea. In heated and indoor swimming pools yes. The sea temperature slowly begins to warm up and rises from +16°C to +17,5°C. I know a couple of people who are not afraid of such parameters (maybe you are one of them?). But personally, I would limit myself to a walk on the beach and good photos. Turkey in the spring is suitable for swimming only from May.
What is the weather and water temperature in Turkey in March at popular resorts:
|Outdoors, °C||In water, °C|
Among the pluses of Turkey in early spring:
+ Demand for trips is small. A great chance to find a oh-so-beneficial offer. Prices for a March tour for two for 10 days is not much higher than for 7 days. More numbers will be given below.
+ You can catch the blooming period of tropical plants and orange trees. Before they are exhausted by the sun.
+ Turkey in March-April is the perfect time and place for excursions.
+ In the first half of the month you can still drive on the mountain slopes. In Uludag, Palandoken and Erzurum there is still snow!
Rest in Turkey in March is not for you – too cold? Then choose a month in the beach season.
The price for a tour to Turkey in March is 2022.
Our hotel Side Town Hotel – mainly tourists from Germany and Russia had a rest in it.
Where to look for a tour to Turkey in March? I always start looking for bargains on three services. They show the cheapest trips according to given criteria. The main thing is to adjust the filters correctly. And monitor.
The cheapest trip to Turkey in March 2022 with a flight from Moscow for 7 days – from 30 000 rubles for two people. For 10 days – from 35 000 rubles (look it yourself!).
The cost of tours for three people (with child) – from 40 000 rubles.
Prices for all-inclusive tours in March in good hotels (judging by the rating and reviews of tourists) start from 45 000 rubles for a couple for 7 nights.
Presenting a gift to your girlfriend / wife / mother on March 8 – a trip to 5-7 nights – will cost from 30 000 rubles for two.
About entry to Turkey now. All tourists who are over 12 years must have a certificate or a negative result of psr-test – in paper or electronic form, in English. The certificate is valid for 72 hours after a nasal swab is taken.
- How do people vacation in Turkey now? – I tell you about the restrictions, open hotels and feedback from tourists.
Turkish resorts – where to go in March?
On our own for 1 day we went to Alanya, rode the funicular, walked along Cleopatra beach
Where to have a rest in Turkey in March? Judging by the weather, the warmest is the Mediterranean Sea, the Aegean is cooler. So let’s consider the southern resorts of Turkey.
- Antalya is a popular resort city of the Mediterranean coast of Turkey, even in winter. But there are still fewer people – you can admire the old town and the port in peace! And wander around the malls, of course.
- Alanya is the warmest spring location, but also a holiday city. In spring there are aromas of tangerines mixed with pine and walks. Many hotels have heated pools (which is important), until April for sure. Only in March, even from Alanya do not expect the standard all-inclusive and the sea. It is better to plan the excursion program.
Also were in Kemer (in the city part) – the beach line is quite narrow, I think in the season here to push through, it is better to choose a hotel outside the city
- Kemer – there is a belief among tourists that in March in Kemer, the clouds cling to the mountains. That’s what they say. And they also write that the city is in bloom: mimosa and oranges. So for bright colors and beautiful pictures – here.
- Belek is a resort considered elite and in the summer time is quite expensive. So if you want service and good animation for cheap, then March is the best time for it. And Belek is also famous for its majestic pine trees and huge golf courses – a beauty. For a reason the Germans, the British and the Poles love to come here. Still think where to go?)
- Side – if you choose Side in March, then at the end of the month. Closer to April the heat returns and such pluses, such as sandy beaches, slowly begin to attract tourists to the resort.
We’ve been to Istanbul a few times, mostly with long layovers on Turkish Airlines
- Istanbul – and a little bit of the north of Turkey. Many faces, multifaceted and everyone’s own. And in the spring also without the crowds of tourists. The trip can get very busy and atmospheric with palaces, cathedrals, mosques and the Bosphorus. If you’re interested, we’ve mapped out our itinerary around the city.
Best Hotels in Turkey – Top 8
In the winter season – and March is clearly not yet summer – it is very important to select hotels by the presence of a heated pool, sauna, spa and air conditioning (instead of heating). Nutrition, of course, will never hurt. The rest of the delights of recreation – to the taste of the individual tourist. But also to overpay for Turkey in the spring too would not want to.
We have selected the most comfortable in this regard and inexpensive hotels, which the country has to offer. Tour prices are listed for all inclusive in March for a week .
- 4* Kahya Hotel is an old, outdated hotel. But comfortable and clean. Walking distance to the city center (900 meters). Nearby attractions: fortress, tower, beach, salt cave, Archaeological Museum, cable car. Nearby are playgrounds, basketball, embankment with simulators. Tours for two people: from 50 000 rubles
- The Justiniano Deluxe Resort 5* consists of two buildings: 7-storey Main Building and 6-storey Theodora Block (across the road). Near the ruins of the city of Justiniano Napoli, the cliff, cave and pine trees – for walks. The winter concept includes: indoor restaurant, lobby bar, drinks and light alcohol. Russian-speaking animators keep the kids occupied, and there’s a disco in the evenings. There is a heated pool. Tour for two people: from 60 000 rubles
This look good hotels 4-5 stars in Turkey, the cost of which in the season starts from 90,000 rubles for two people
- 5* Alva Donna Beach Resort Comfort – I read the reviews: in Alva Donna tourists come for the 6th and 7th time. The hotel is completely Russian, suitable for families with children. Great choice of meat, poultry and fish. There is a hammam, sauna and an indoor pool and a paid pool with sea water ($25 for half an hour). For the kids: playground, mini-club (in the building). Uninterrupted Internet access throughout the area. Tour for two people: from 70 000 rubles
- 5* Linda Resort Hotel – compact, on the shore of a picturesque lake. On the territory of the hotel amphitheater, gazebo and sports complex, restaurant and lobby bar, two swimming pools and indoor (heated), spa. Food: a variety of fruits, vegetables, greens, meat dishes, fish, soups, side dishes, sweets. Reduced animation (no water entertainment and shows) with evening discos. Tour for two people: from 45 000 rubles
- 5* Acanthus&Cennet Barut Collection – the best hotel in Side Center, which in March – well, a very favorable price compared to the season. All details about the hotel, and why, in fact, it is the best, read our review. Tour for two people: from 110 000 rubles
- The 5* Karmir Resort & Spa is a family-run, small, a la European hotel. There is a sauna, hammam, indoor pool, gym. Internet only in the lobby and at the reception. Near stores, cafes, markets. Trips for two people: from 50 000 rubles
- 5 * Paloma Foresta Resort – huge-oh-omnaya territory: the main 5-storey building, fifteen 2-storey villas and bungalows. Around the fragrant pine forest. Good food, a lot of fruit. Children work with animators, there is a mini club. Tour for two people: from 70 000 rubles
…And about the 20 best hotels in Kemer, we told in this article.
- 5* Bellis Deluxe is a hotel of 135 thousand square meters – that’s a lot. Plus its own zoo with peacocks and horses. A clean indoor pool where it’s nice to swim. And decent food. Tour for two people: from 80 000 rubles
- 5* Adalya Elite Lara Hotel – 15-20 minutes drive from the airport. The hotel has its own spa area, sauna, hamam and two pools (one heated). You can play tennis. Lots of pastries, desserts, fruit, fish and meat dishes. On Wednesdays they serve seafood for dinner (crabs, crayfish, and even sushi). Tour for two people: from 80 000 rubles
- The 5* Sealife Family Resort is a hotel that will “save” in March with its location on the city beach of Konyaalti, which does not think to go into hibernation in the off-season. We were here in late autumn and did not even think to get bored: there is a long promenade, where locals and tourists see off sunsets, café-restaurants on every hundred meters, rent bikes-scooters and just a lively city. Tour for two: from 70 000 rubles.
By the way, yes. When choosing a hotel, remember that most hotels in March are still closed or half-open. Those that are higher – praise.
Entertainment in Turkey – what to do in March?
Temple of Apollo in Side. There is also an amphitheater nearby, which tourists from other resorts come to see
What to do in Turkey in March? Going on excursions, of course! The more the spring weather allows. You can do it by yourself by renting a car – in March car rental is still cheap: from 13 euros a day, and that with a hull insurance (look for such prices on Myrentacar). Or with a guide. So, what to see and where to go.
The most interesting (as far as I know) on Tripster in Alanya:
- Getting to know the city itself and its history (all the way back to the ancient world, Byzantine and Ottoman empires). €60 per tour for a group of 1-6 people
- Group tour to Mira, Demre and Kekova Island. The program includes: amphitheater of Roman times, the temple of Nicholas the Wonderworker and the ruins of the sunken city of Dolihiste. Adults €40, children 7-12 years old €20
- The Old Town with its narrow streets and tiled roofs, towers and mosques €63 for a tour for 1-4 people
- Pamukkale and Salda: white beaches and turquoise lake, ruins of ancient Hierapolis and bathing in Cleopatra’s pool €50-55 per person
We went to see the burning lights on Mount Chimaera
- Ancient Olympos and the mythical Chimaera Mountain. On the program: the wild beach of Cirali coast, the ruins of Olympos and the “eternal” lights of Yanartas €28 per person
- ATV Safari in Geyniuk Canyon €29 per person
What other entertainments can be planned and what to do if you decide to have a rest in Turkey in March? For example, to try the traditional Turkish bath – Hamam (€ 10-15), in time for the closing of the ski season and to clear the shelves of stores and markets.
Tourist reviews of Turkey in March
Sunset in Istanbul – many tourists go to this city as a day trip from the resort area
Reviews about Turkey in March vary (applies to the entire winter season). But if in January with February there is almost no difference, then in March with the weather can be lucky. Judging by the feedback on the forum, in March Turkey want to escape tired parents at least 5-6 days for a highly hotel rest:). For families we have a separate article.
Pros and cons
+ Turkey in March 2022 – cheaper than anywhere else. The cost of a trip at the beginning of the month and somewhere in the middle is half as much as in high season.
+ Uncomplicated heat excursion vacation – believe me, I know what I’m talking about (!).
+ Shopping even more profitable at this unpopular time, prices in Turkey are lower.
– Sea in Turkey in March is still not ready to receive thermophilic tourists.
– So is the pool (double-check the availability of indoor or heated must).
– Poor animation or lack thereof.
Where to go abroad in March by the sea except Turkey?
Copying materials are allowed only with the obligatory indication of a direct, active and open for indexing a hyperlink to howtrip.ru.