Where to have a rest in Tunisia? Review of 5 resorts and beaches – 2022
Today we will tell you about the resorts of the country with a “T” and it’s not Turkey!) There, too, sandy beaches, you can relax without a visa and flourishing all inclusive. Guess what? Tunisia, of course!
Reviews of the country mixed – seems to like everything, but add “if you do not pick on”. We have already written enough texts about the season and the weather, and now let’s break down where the best place in Tunisia. What are the best places for relaxation, where the life is booming, and where you can go on a budget of $ 500 per person?
When is it better to go on holiday to Tunisia? Season and weather
What month to choose to explore Africa? To make it short and to the point: *Here is our snapshot of the weather by month.
– off-season – season – 50/50.
Tourists begin to arrive in Tunisia en masse in May, and the season ends in early November. In June, the temperature reaches +29 ° C, in July and August it is hot (more than +30 ° C), and the sea is invaded by jellyfish.
However, the best time of the year to go is in the fall. It’s very comfortable in September and October: +25 ° C … +30 ° C on the coast, the sea +24 ° C … +27 ° C.
Closer to mid-autumn, you can already look for discounted tours;). Cheapest of all, according to the classics, at the beginning (end of April-first days of May) and at the end (mid-October-November) season: the cost of hot deals starts from 35 000 rubles for two!
The climate in different parts of the country is about the same. If we consider the resorts of Tunisia, where it is better and warmer in the off-season, it is the island of Djerba. There the season starts a little earlier – in May is already good.
Where to look for cheap tours?
There are no tours to Tunisia from Russia yet. The section cited prices from 2021, when flights were established.
Tours in Tunisia can be inexpensive. But to avoid running from one tour operator to another to compare prices, we look at aggregator tours – they gather offers directly from leading tour operators on one page:
You can find the best tour by adjusting search filters – stardom, line, etc. And if you need hot and cheap, immediately sort “from cheap to expensive.
✓ Tour with a flight from Moscow for 7 days in a season costs from 50 000 rubles for two.
The trip to Tunisia with an “all inclusive” system – from 55 000 rubles for the same period and the structure.
✓ Holidays for 10 days for two people – from 60 000 rubles.
Well, a family tour (father, mother, with a child) for 7 days – from 70 000 rubles.
Where better to go to rest in Tunisia? Popular resorts
There are not many resorts in Tunisia, but there are options for those who want to party, and for those who need quiet. We’ll focus on 3 popular ones and tell you which resort to choose based on means and desires.
Everything you need to know about Sousse can be summed up in two sentences:
- It is the most partying and lively resort city: and restaurants, and stores, and casinos, and even attractions (such as the old town of Medina, the mosque and the house-museum of a rich Tunisian).
- Budget beach holiday in Tunisia – it’s here, week-long all-inclusive tours start at 50,000 rubles for two.
The beaches in the country are public (and we will elaborate on this below), and Sousse is a city with a significant proportion of the local population. Therefore, the area where it is quieter, cleaner and less crowded is located as far away from Medina as possible, in the direction of the sub-resort of Port el Kantaoui. But it’s also more expensive.
Entertainment in Sousse, in addition to the 3 places to “see”, the following: *The local currency is the Tunisian dinar (TND). 1 TND ≈ 22 rubles.
✓ Riding on bananas/flats and other inflatables – 10-20 dinars
✓ Parachute behind the boat – 30-60 dinars
✓ Excursion by sea on a pirate ship – 20-40 dinars (reviews of tourists call for bargaining, which can significantly reduce the initial price)
✓ Diving – 60 dinars (for 1 dive)
Aquapark Acqua Palace with children – 35 dinars for an adult and 30 dinars for a child over 80 cm
Also from Sousse by train you can take a trip to the beaches of Monastir and Mahdia (of course there is nothing but sand and hotels, but it doesn’t matter). Travel time to Mahdia ≈ 2 hours.
Hotels in Sousse with good reviews of tourists: *Tour price is for 7 nights in season
- 4 * Marhaba Salem Tour for two from 70 000 rubles
- 5* Jazz Tour Khalef Tour for two from 85 000 rubles
- 4* Royal Kenz Thalasso&Spa (district El Kantaoui) Tour for two from 80 000 rubles
If there is no better place to recommend for a holiday in Tunisia, it’s Hammamet. Why?
- Hammamet is for fans of thalassotherapy and those who are going to get acquainted with it.
- There are more hotels than in other resorts, including five-star all-inclusive. Almost all of them have a spa center.
- As in Sousse, there is a nightlife (although not as extensive).
Hammamet is divided into two parts: 1) the central old Medina + resort area with hotels up to the town of Mrezga, and 2) the modern and more expensive Yasmine-Hammamet, with a beautiful port and above-average restaurants.
The resort is good for family vacations: the water is cleaner than in Sousse, the sea entrance is gentle, the bottom is flat, just for babies. And in the area of Yasmine-Hammamet there is a whole amusement park.
Popular Hammamet hotels:
- 3* Hotel Mediterranee Thalasso-Golf (center) Tour for two from 70 000 rubles
- 4* Lella Baya & Thalasso Hotel (Yasmin) Tour for two from 70 000 rubles
- 4* Le Hammamet Resort (center) Tour for two from 75 000 rubles
- 4* Sentido Phenicia (center) Tour for two from 80 000 rubles
In Tunisia, where vacation is common in summer, you can fly early and find the hot sun and the bathing sea. But only at one resort – the southernmost – and that is the island of Djerba.
A place for lovers of secluded retirement and nature. If you are deciding where to go: Hammamet, Sousse or Djerba, determine whether you need a cultural and sightseeing program. If yes, then the island is not an option. From the “what to see” here is only a crocodile farm, a museum and a synagogue. Getting to the rest on your own is problematic, it’s an island, after all.
Tourists in Djerba rest exclusively in the northeast, near / in the towns of Midoun, Mezrai and Agir. And a little plus: the southern resort of Tunisia is a fishing center, and here the tastiest and freshest fish.
To choose a good hotel, help reviews. Here is where to rest best in Tunisia in 2022 in the Djerba area:
- 3* Djerba Sun Club Tour for two from 65,000 rubles
- 4 * Royal Karthago Tour for two from 75 000 rubles
Holidays in Tunisia with children – where to go?
Beach holidays in Tunisia: where is the best place with children? To begin with, it is worth noting that the direction itself is good for “children’s” vacation, because the sea – with a long and smooth entrance, and the sand – ideal for modeling castles. But at the same time there are problems such as sluggish animation in hotels and lack of “children’s table”.
And the resorts we look at the following:
✓ Mahdia – deserted kilometers of beaches and relatively new hotels on the coast. Prices are not low, but this is the kind of Tunisia, where it is best, in a calm atmosphere, you can relax with a child.
✓ Monastir – an inexpensive resort, 20 km from Sousse. Noisy establishments, but there are gentle sandy beaches.
Hammamet and Djerba are also good options. But from Sousse is better to give up – too noisy and crowded.
Among the excursions parents actively take a visit to the zoo Frigiya ($ 30- $ 40 per person) and go to the amusement park Carthageland (Hammamet) – the basic ticket 25 dinars (550 rubles) for all who are above 130 cm, and 20 dinars (440 rubles) for those below.
What hotels are most often advised? *Tour price for mom, dad and child in season for 7 nights
- 5* Iberostar Royal El Mansour (Mahdia) Tour for three people from 115 000 rubles
- 4* LTI-Mahdia Beach (Mahdia) Tour for three people from 100 000 rubles
- 4* Palm Azur (Djerba) Tour for three people from 110 000 rubles
- 3* Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort (Monastir) Tour for three people from 85 000 rubles
- 5* Magic Hotel Manar (Hammamet) Tour for three people from 130 000 rubles
Tunisian Beaches – Which one should I choose?
Tunisian beaches are all municipal. Therefore the status of “free” does not stop merchants, masseurs and camel jockeys from thrusting tourists with their services.
By the way, note that on the sun beds belonging to the budgetary “three-six”, may be positioned not living in the hotel “friends” of the guards. In the 4-and 5-star hotels of this is not.
This is all minor things, because the main advantage of Tunisia – this broad band of white fine sand, resembling powder, not like in Turkey! And a comfortable, gradual entrance to the transparent sea.
“Spoon of tar” shows itself after the storm – a thick carpet of algae and debris. With what, however, the local employees in a timely manner cope.
Where is the best place to spend a beach vacation?
Hammamet: Good clean beaches with fine sand. Some tourists call them the best in Tunisia.
Mahdia: wide landscaped beaches with white sand. Suitable, including for holidays with children.
Djerba: sandy beaches, here and there stony areas, a lot of greenery around.
Monastir: narrow, shallow beaches with long shallow waters. “Froggy”, great for children.
Sousse: People literally lie on top of each other. You can find areas more deserted, but it is not a panacea. The resort is very popular, which affects the quality of the beaches.
✓ Gammarth: wide and not crowded beaches. A bonus is landing planes, the place is next to the airport. If you want epic photos, this is the place.
Tunisia or Turkey – where to vacation?
Each year, Turkey takes 20 million more tourists than Tunisia. In detail we have already argued where it is better: Tunisia or Turkey.
Recall the main points:
- Turkey is a little (about 10 thousand rubles if you compare tours), but cheaper.
- Beaches: Tunisia has white Sahara sand, in Turkey – yellow or gray sand and pebbles (you can’t find Tunisian soft sand!).
- Hotels in Tunisia are thalassotherapy and spa, in Turkey – quality animation, service and entertainment.
- There is no “all-inclusive” in Tunisia like in Turkey – the cuisine and bar are more modest here.
Conclusion: Tunisia is interesting to get new experiences, however, to take the place of Turkey in the hearts of Russian tourists, it, alas, can not.
Since we are comparing… Cyprus or Tunisia? Hotel base in Cyprus is more modern, beaches are cleaner (many have Blue Flags). Many unequivocally speak for Cyprus. On the other hand, Cyprus is Europe, and Tunisia belongs to the Arab world. Very different planes, in our opinion. Including the cost.
Tourist reviews of Tunisia
A trip to Tunisia is a good option for the first acquaintance with Africa. Thalassotherapy, ancient monuments, the Sahara, fresh vegetables and fish. Tourists complain that the resorts are a bit boring. Turkish animation is not really there, but to go to Tunisia expecting that it will be like in Turkey, it’s strange. Different countries, different holidays. If you want Turkish buzz, you have to go to Turkey.
What to bring as a gift from Tunisia? In fact, there is not much to bring. Dates, olives and olive oil, halva. But the reviews on leather goods are not very good.
Pros and cons of Tunisia
To summarize: the pros and cons of a Tunisian vacation.
+ Short flight. Or relatively short: about 4 hours in the sky.
+ Prices for tours. Yes, there are expensive accommodation options, but in general the cost of tours to Tunisia will suit even people with a limited budget.
+ Developed “all inclusive”.
+ Beaches. They are ot-lichnye here: white and soft sand along the whole coastline of Tunisia.
+ Mediterranean Sea. It has no cold currents, it warms up quickly enough, so that the beach season starts in June.
+ Thalassotherapy. Many tourists (especially Europeans) come to the country for this purpose – therapies are at a decent level, and prices are half as much as in France.
+ Safe. There are no thieves, you can walk through cities of mass tourism safely, the locals are adequate, driving a car is more or less civilized.
– Older hotels. Hotel fund in Tunisia is really lame: some progress, but in general all the old and shabby. Probably this is why the prices compensate.
– It is poor and dirty. All is decent at the hotels, but in the nearest alley …
– Service suffers. Very much. The hotels are very unhappy with the service and the environment.
– Lack of animation. If you want a colorful show, for this is definitely not in Tunisia.
– Municipal beaches. They are open to all comers. On the one hand, you can arrange a tour of the coast. On the other hand, you may find that everything is occupied by Tunisians.
– The language barrier. Few people know Russian, unlike the Russians love Turkey and Thailand.
How much money to take in Tunisia?
How much does a holiday in Tunisia cost? Is it true that you can fit the entire budget of the trip in $ 500? Let’s run through the required and possible costs outside the tour (in dollars):
– Hotel Tourist Fee (per tourist for number of nights, but they charge a maximum of 7, even if you’re for 10 nights).
- 4-5 stars – 3 dinars ≈ $1
- 3 stars – 2 dinars ≈ $0.7
- 2 stars – 1 dinar ≈ $0.3
- 2-day trip to the Sahara – $100-120 per person (cheaper in Djerba)
- Carthage-SidiBuSaid-Tunis tour – $40-50
– Alternatively, car rental.
- Manual – $35 per day.
- Automatic – $42 per day
- Gasoline – $0.6 per liter.
– SIM card (buy at airport).
- 3 gigabytes of Internet for a week – 11 dinars ≈ $4
- 25 gigabytes – 30 dinars ≈ $10
- Breakfast – $3 per person
- Dinner with wine and seafood – $7 per person
– Alcohol (sold in stores, despite the fact that the country is Muslim).
- Beer – from $0.7
- Wine – from $3
The range of prices for tours in Tunisia is very wide: burning a week “only breakfasts” may fall within 40 000 rubles for a couple, a trip to a 5 * hotel can cost 150 000 rubles for two people and above.
So let’s take the average: a trip for two people in the summer for 7 days with “all inclusive” in a 4-star hotel:
- Tour – 60,000 rubles (prices from the service Travelata)
- Tour package – $14
- Excursions (1 in the Sahara + 1 country survey) – $ 300
- Simca one for two – $4
- Other expenses (souvenirs / a couple of times a cafe / a bottle of local alcohol) – $100
Total for two people: 60 000 rubles for the tour and $420 to bring. Increase “with your own” to $ 500 – we rest as kings; leave one tour cheaper – we get in general $ 200 for expenses.
About currency exchange. Go to Tunisia with dollars or euros (the first is better). Change them on the spot in dinars – no problem. There are nuances:
– The exchange rate is regulated by the government, it is almost the same, that in the state bank, that in the hotel, that in the exchanger.
– Rubles are difficult to accept. Take dollars.
– Excursions can be paid in dollars/euros.
– Taking dinars out of Tunisia is FORBIDDEN. You need to change them back.
– So take and SAVE all papers, which will be given when exchanging dollars for dinars – only with this document they will give you the currency.
– The reverse exchange can be done at the airport or hotel.
– Bank cards are used in Tunisia, but you can’t do without small cash.
This material may be copied only with a mandatory direct, active and open to indexing a hyperlink to howtrip.ru.
Where to rest in Tunisia – 11 resorts
Where to have a rest in Tunisia – 11 resorts
The 11 resorts of Tunisia, where it is better to rest on the sea. Learn about the pros and cons of each city and choose a place to your liking!
Tips for your holidays in Tunisia
White sand, date palms, hot African sun, wide beaches and comfortable all-inclusive hotels have earned Tunisia the love of tourists. According to reviews, this country is also attractive special color of the East, beautiful landscapes, ancient monuments and ruins. Russians like it because of the low prices and visa-free regime. Let’s see what tourists think about the rest in Tunisia!
Taste of Tunisia: what to try and the food prices
Find out the food prices in Tunisian cafes, restaurants and grocery stores in 2022. What to try in Tunisia from food, where to buy alcohol and what kind of food in hotels.
Holidays in Tunisia with children
Where to holiday in Tunisia with children? What hotel is better to choose? What are the nuances to be aware of? Reviews and tips for tourists, as well as a selection of the best hotels for a family vacation (including with small children).
When to rest in Tunisia
When to go on holiday to Tunisia so as not to burn under the searing African sun, not to freeze and not to catch jellyfish? Find out the best time to vacation in 2022 from our review of seasons and weather by month. Water and air temperatures, weather conditions, travel tips and reviews.
Holidays in Djerba Island
Collected reviews of tourists about holidays in Djerba, the Island of a Thousand Palms in Tunisia. How they evaluate the weather, beaches, hotels, tours and entertainment? Pros and cons of holidays in Djerba in 2022.
Mahdia: vacation tips
Reviews of tourists about Mahdia, the southernmost mainland resort in Tunisia. What do they write about beaches, sea, weather, hotels and excursions? Tips for holidays in Mahdia in 2022.
How much money to take in Tunisia
Even those who came to Tunisia on an all-inclusive basis will spend on unplanned snacks, excursions, entertainment and souvenirs. Find out how much money you need for a budget, comfortable and luxurious vacation in Tunisia for 10 days in 2022.
Hammamet: thalassotherapy and great beaches
Tourist reviews about holidays in Hammamet, the most respectable resort in Tunisia. What do they write about the beaches, sea, weather and excursions? How do they rate popular hotels? Tips for tourists on holidays in 2022.
Sousse: vacation tips
We have collected reviews of tourists about Sousse, a popular youth resort in Tunisia. How do they rate the weather, water purity, beaches and excursions? What do they write about the best hotels on the coast? Pros and cons of holidays in Sousse in 2022. Tourist tips.
Monastir: a comfortable and inexpensive resort
Monastir is a popular seaside resort in Tunisia. Find out from tourist reviews what hotels, beaches and sea, weather and excursions are there. Check out Monastir vacation tips.
Zarzis – the southernmost and hottest resort in Tunisia
We’re talking about the southernmost resort in Tunisia, Zarzis! Why is Zarzis a small town near the Sahara? The most interesting things about Zarzis are the hotels to stay in, the best beaches to visit, and the best time to go. Tips for vacations with children.
If you’re traveling to Port el Kantaoui, Tunisia’s most exclusive and expensive resort…
The beautiful marina 10 km from Sousse is one of the centers of luxury holidays on the Mediterranean Sea. Learn about the best hotels and beaches of Port El Kantaoui. Reviews and tips for holidays and activities in the resort of Tunisia.
Nabelle is a small Tunisian resort.
The seaside town in northeastern Tunisia is famous for oranges, great ceramics and pretty good beaches. Find out what tourists say about vacations in Nabela, the beaches at the resort, what hotels are considered the best and what to do on vacation.