Cheap air tickets from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali)
Cheapest air tickets Moscow – Denpasar (Bali) (MOW – DPS)
Aviaseils finds the cheapest airfare Moscow – Denpasar (Bali) for you by comparing the cost of the ticket to Denpasar (Bali) in 45 agencies, 5 booking systems, and 728 airlines. It’s up to you where to buy your flight tickets Moscow – Denpasar (Bali).
The Moscow – Denpasar (Bali) route is the most popular in August, September and November. During this period, the average airfare is ₽84,926.
During low season – January, February and March the average price of flight tickets drops to 60 809 ₽ .
Direct flights from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali)
- Aeroflot (3 days a week, flight SU296)
- Emirates from Domodedovo to Ngurah Rai
- Qatar Airways from Sheremetyevo to Ngura Rai
- Turkish Airlines from Vnukovo to Ngura Rai
Alternatively, you can fly to Denpasar (Bali) (roundtrip) with a connecting flight from 45,010 ₽ to 82,177 ₽ .
Qatar Airways offers the lowest fares for a connecting flight with a connection in Doha.The ticket price is from 24,525 ₽ .
Affordable and comfortable options are also offered by the airlines:
- Turkish Airlines(from 31,391 ₽ with a connection in Istanbul)
- Emirates(from 52,912 ₽ with a connection in Dubai).
A connecting flight from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali) will make your trip even more interesting. Connections can be made in:
- Istanbul (Turkish Airlines flight TK416)
- Dubai (Emirates flight EK134)
- Doha (QR338 Qatar Airways flight)
It’s a great chance to explore these cities because the transfer time is usually at least 6 hours.
Keep in mind that depending on the number of days remaining until your flight, the price of a Moscow – Denpasar (Bali) ticket can change by more than 52%.
Aviaseils suggests buying airfare from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali) in advance so that you can choose your flight according to your wishes and financial possibilities.
- Flights from Denpasar (Bali) to Moscow
- Flights from Moscow
- The distance between Moscow and Denpasar (Bali) is: 6,242 miles (1,044 kilometers)
- Average flight time from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali): 17h 26min
- Flight Frequency from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali): 3 times a week
Flight prices by month for Moscow – Denpasar (Bali)
|Month||One way||Return trip|
|August 2022||31.08.2022||02.08 – 31.08.2022|
|September 2022||10.09.2022||01.09 – 23.09.2022|
|October 2022||01.10.2022||12.10 – 22.10.2022|
|November 2022||03.11.2022||01.11 – 11.11.2022|
|December 2022||10.12.2022||05.12 – 22.12.2022|
|January 2023||10.01.2023||02.01 – 17.01.2023|
|February 2023||06.02.2023||01.02 – 15.02.2023|
|March 2023||31.03.2023||01.03 – 05.04.2023|
|April 2023||23.04.2023||05.04 – 18.04.2023|
|May 2023||16.05.2023||01.05 – 14.05.2023|
|June 2023||05.06.2023||01.06 – 04.06.2023|
|July 2023||10.07.2023||01.07 – 08.07.2023|
* The prices, found by users within the last 48 hours, are not an offer.
Fastest ticket from Moscow to Denpasar (Bali): from Qatar Airways with a flight time of 16h 28min on 25.10.2022.
Moscow airports from which flights to Denpasar (Bali) depart:
Denpasar (Bali) airports accepting flights from Moscow:
How to fly cheap to Bali
Find out how much tickets to Bali cost and how you can get to the island cheaply. Looking for the best way! Our tips and flight itineraries for those who haven’t given up hope to rest on a budget in these difficult times.
How to fly to Bali now
There is no direct flight connection between Russia and Indonesia, so you have to change planes. After the events of February-March, 2022 the number of foreign flights from Russia has decreased greatly, but the possibility to fly to Bali still remains; it has just become even more difficult and expensive.
The easiest, most comfortable and inexpensive way to get to Bali from Moscow is to fly with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul or Arab carriers via Doha or Dubai. There are short connections, and if you want you can stay for a day or two in charming Istanbul (entry to Turkey for Russians is very simple). Dubai and Doha are also very interesting.
Tickets for the next month or two are expensive, but starting in the fall of 2022, prices are much more pleasant: from 45,000 ₽ – round trip, from 25,000 ₽ – one way. And that’s practically pre-pandemic prices already! Baggage included. See the links for example tickets (but the prices on these dates are subject to change).
To get to Bali is cheaper and easier to residents of cities from which there are direct flights to Turkey, UAE, Qatar: for example, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, and some other. Others will have to make an extra connection in the capital.
There is another way to get to Bali. First you should buy tickets to another Asian country (for example, India, Thailand, or Sri Lanka), and then fly to the cherished island of paradise on low-cost airlines. Read about this option at the end of the article. However, these days, because of covid restrictions and the small number of foreign flights it’s very difficult to do.
Check out the current flight prices from your city in this form:
Useful to know:
– A handy search for cheap tickets
- Collect miles from all airlines with the All Airlines card and fly for free – book hotels in Bali (all Russian cards work)
How much it used to cost to fly to Bali
There were no direct flights to Bali from Russian cities even before the pandemic, people used to fly with connections. Let’s get nostalgic and see how much tickets to Bali (Denpasar) flew from Moscow, St. Petersburg, Ekaterinburg and other Russian cities cost.
- From where could you get the cheapest flight to Bali from Russia? The cheapest tickets were found for flights from Irkutsk and Vladivostok – from ₽26,000 (these were S7 flights with Cathay Pacific with connections in Hong Kong, which, incidentally, can be visited without a visa). Tickets from ₽30,000 at times were from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk.
- Flying to Bali from Moscow was usually more expensive. Usually tickets cost from 40,000 ₽, but sometimes you could find one from 34,000 ₽. The best deals were usually found with Qatar with a connection in Doha (usually not very long) or with Thai Airways (via Bangkok).
- Tickets to Bali from St. Petersburg cost from ₽38,000. The flight usually has two connections (for example, in Istanbul and Singapore).
- Flying to Bali from Ufa, Kazan, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, and Khabarovsk cost from 39,000 ₽. I had to make two or three transfers.
A one-way flight to Bali from Moscow cost ₽22000. From Novosibirsk – from 20,000 ₽, from St. Petersburg – from 27,000 ₽, from Ekaterinburg – from 28,000 ₽ The cheapest way to fly to Bali without a return ticket from Irkutsk and Vladivostok – from only 15,000 ₽.
Happy tourist (me) in Bali in the glory days of pre-colonial times.
Flying to Bali on a stock deal
This method was relevant before the pandemic, perhaps as the world air travel situation normalizes, it will work again.
From time to time you can catch some great deals on flights to Bali.
- Sometimes some airlines have special offers and it is possible to fly to Bali from Moscow and St. Petersburg for only 30 thousand rubles or even less. As a rule such actions are organized by Arab airlines, China Southern and Thai Airways.
- But there are also quite low-cost options, when you can fly to Asia for even 16 thousand rubles! But these are not promotions, but the wrong fares. They appear very rarely.
And now for more details about the last variant. For example mispriced airfares are often encountered by Etihad Airways on “open-jaw” flights, where the tickets are bought round trip, but the departure and return cities are different. I once had an opportunity to buy tickets to an Asian country, flying out of Moscow and returning to Milan, for only 16,000 rubles. There were no tickets to Bali, but for 16 thousand rubles I could fly to Jakarta, and then cheaply get to Bali with the local low-cost airlines (more on this later). This is what I understand traveling: to visit the capital and the largest city of Indonesia in one trip, then to relax in Bali, and then to visit Milan – and all this is cheaper than the average ticket to Bali!
Complex itineraries, like the example above, can be lined up on Aviasales.
About interesting promotions, specials and erroneous fares we write in the news section – keep an eye out for them to be able to buy cheap tickets.
Inexpensive to go to rest in Bali before the pandemic was possible on the ticket. Often it was even cheaper than flying on your own. Two-person tour for 10-12 nights from Moscow and St. Petersburg cost from 120 thousand rubles.
Now a Bali tour is being sold again, but only with scheduled flights (with connections in Doha, for example). Back this spring the cost of the trip was outrageously high – from 300 thousand rubles for two people, but recently the price tag has become more humane – from 135 thousand for two. Almost like before the pandemic, but this is the cost of travel from October, and in the summer the tours are much more expensive.
Find and buy a tour to Bali is now possible not in any agency, they are on the online services Travelata and Level.Travel, which we regularly use ourselves. Read our guide to 7 ways to buy tours cheaper.
Tukad Cepung Underground Waterfall in Bali
How to get to Bali cheapest
During the pandemic, this method is still relevant in some cases, but has become much more difficult and expensive.
Now let’s get to the most interesting part – the analysis of ways to get to the island of Bali with minimal cost (and at the same time the most interesting and adventurous).
We’ll fly in two approaches:
- First, catching a good deal from Moscow or another city somewhere in Southeast Asia.
- Then travel the rest of the way to Bali on lowcosters (in combination with buses/boats/helicopters, if necessary).
With the right approach, skill, and good luck you can get to Bali on a budget.
Step 1: Fly to Asia
As for the first segment of our trip, most often you can find good deals on flights to Bangkok (read about how to fly cheaply to Thailand), Ho Chi Minh City (how to get to Vietnam), Kuala Lumpur or Hong Kong. By the way, Russians can fly to all these cities without a visa! Cheap tickets can be found to other cities in the region, but less likely.
The examples show the extra-premium prices for a round-trip flight.
- Flying to Thailand . For example, return tickets from Moscow to Bangkok can be found starting from 20 thousand rubles. If you catch a special offer, it’s even 10% cheaper, and if you catch the wrong fare, it’s 20-50% cheaper. From Novosibirsk, Vladivostok and Irkutsk you can fly to the capital of Thailand and back from 22 thousand rubles. From St. Petersburg – from 23 thousand rubles. We, wishing to fly inexpensively to Bali, benefit from the fact that in summer it is off-season in Thailand (and on the contrary in Bali), so tickets to Thailand are cheaper than in winter.
- One can fly to Kuala Lumpur from Moscow from 24 thousand rubles, to Jakarta – from 26 thousand rubles. And it’s cheapest to get to Bali from these cities.
- From Russia it’s quite cheap to fly to Hong Kong: from Vladivostok – from 12 thousand rubles, from Moscow – from 21 thousand, from St. Petersburg – from 23 thousand.
Check the ticket prices for different routes on the search engine Aviasails.
Stage 2: Lowcostars to Bali
There are a large number of low-cost airlines flying in Asia, allowing you to move from one country to another and fly within the same state for mere pennies.
One of the most popular (and cheapest) low-cost airlines is Air Asia – this airline allows you to fly to the island of Bali from a variety of countries and cities (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Korea, China, India, Cambodia, etc.). Also note the airlines Tigerair (the best deals for flights from Singapore), Lion Air (cheap flights from Indonesian cities), Wings Air , Garuda Indonesia.
Searching tickets for low-cost airlines on the desired route is easier with Aviasails. This service has a large database of low-cost airlines in Asia, so it’s easy to find the cheapest options.
The examples below show the cost per one-way flight.
Here’s a look at how cheap it is to get to Bali from Jakarta on Lion Air and from Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia (for less than $40):
Inexpensive tickets to Bali (from $50 and up) are also available from Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines. A little more expensive (from $90) you can fly from Hong Kong, China, India, Japan, Sri Lanka and South Korea.
If you’re lucky enough to get tickets during promotions by Air Asia or other low-cost airlines, you can fly to Bali even cheaper.
An example of a cheap flight to Bali
Here is an example of how you can get cheap flights to Bali with the scheme described above.
- First, fly from Moscow to Kuala Lumpur (the capital of Malaysia is a nice city, it is worth visiting) for 24 thousand rubles (round trip).
- Fly to Bali from Kuala Lumpur and back for only 4300 rubles.
The total cost of the flight to Bali and back was 28300 rubles per person. As we found out at the beginning of the review, the cheapest tickets from Moscow to Bali cost 34 thousand rubles, and more often they start at 40 thousand. So we win at least 6000 rubles per person – save money and visit the capital of Malaysia! That’s such arithmetic, sleight of hand and no fraud.
All the flights from our example connect and there is time to walk around Kuala Lumpur: see the skyscrapers, enjoy the local cuisine.
Anton Ptushkin’s film about Bali
A well-known blogger and presenter explores the phenomenon of Bali’s popularity, and talks about surfing, beaches, and hotels. Check it out!